Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Open House > The Pit > NeoHooDoo Studios
NeoHooDoo Studios The unofficial fan forums for Neohoodoo studios home of The Unspeakable and the Inhuman
Subscribe:

Episode 12 Unspeakable Script
Old 01-25-2010   #1
Derek
Audiofile

Derek is on a distinguished road
Default Episode 12 Unspeakable Script

Here's the script for Episode 12 of The Unspeakable and the Inhuman.
Remember, kids, this show is still copyrighted so don't take and run with this script without the permission of the authors.

Enjoy.

The Unspeakable and the Inhuman, Episode 12
By Derek Fetters and Sam Stewart©2009

CHARACTERS (in order of appearance)
NARRATOR (NARRATOR)
BAXTER CALHOUN (BAXTER)
DALLAS LANDSALE (DALLAS)
BYRON MADDOX (BYRON)
PERCIVAL MADDOX (PERCIVAL)
STELLA MADDOX-RUTHERFORD (STELLA)

THE UNSPEAKABLE AND THE INHUMAN, EPISODE 12

(SOUND OF HEAVY RAIN AND OCCASIONAL THUNDER)

NARRATOR: Welcome to Dâgōn Island: an isolated Northwest enclave with a most eccentric populace, a sinister history, and secrets so horrifying that once revealed lead to madness and death! (THUNDER CLAP)

(MUSIC: EERIE NOISE CREATED BY THEREMIN OR SAW)
It is said that residents of Dâgōn Island live the lives of (THUNDER CRASH) (ECHOING VOICE) The Unspeakable and The Inhuman! (END ECHOING VOICE)

(MUSIC EERIE SOUND BUILDS TO A CLIMAX AND ENDS)

(RAIN AND THUNDER ENDS WITH A FINAL THUNDER CLAP)

Baxter Calhoun and Dallas Lansdale have met at the cave at the edge of the woods of the Maddox estate. After making some shocking discoveries, Baxter and Dallas are frightened by the scraping and croaking of unseen creatures. Rushing through the dark labyrinth they hope to avoid them only to find themselves frantically pursued.

(CAVE SOUNDS – CAVE AMBIENCE – THE OCCASIONAL DRIP OR TRICKLE INSIDE A DARK CAVE)

BAXTER: (PANTING THROUGHOUT SCENE) Do you know where you are going? (TRIPS AND QUICKLY RECOVERS) Ow! I can barely see.

(IN THE DISTANCE -- BACKGROUND RIGHT -- THE RUSHED FLOPPING AND CROAKING SOUND EMERGERS)

DALLAS: (PANTING THROUGHOUT SCENE) Don’t stop. Follow my flashlight. This way should get us out of the cave.

BAXTER: Should? I thought you knew the way out.

DALLAS: I’m just trying to lose whatever’s following us.

(SUDDENLY THE SOUND OF SCRAPING, SHAMBLING, AND HEAVY APE-LIKE BREATHING EMERGES IN THE DISTANCE)

BAXTER: (SLOWING HIS PACE) Oh God. Is that coming from ahead of us? What the hell… ?

DALLAS: Don’t stop! The things behind us will catch up!

(THE CROAKING-FLOPPING BEGINS TO MOVE CLOSER FROM BEHIND THEM)

BAXTER: But there’s something ahead of us.

DALLAS: Keep moving!

(THE CROAKING-FLOPPING MOVES EVEN CLOSER)

BAXTER: (RUNS TO KEEP UP PACE WITH DALLAS) Oh God. They’re catching up.
(THE SCRAPING-SHAMBLING-BREATHING BEGINS TO MOVE CLOSER FROM IN FRONT OF THEM)

BAXTER: And we’re heading towards something else!

DALLAS: Keep moving. I know what I’m doing.

BAXTER: But –

DALLAS: Now, the side passage. Turn left down this way.

BAXTER: Okay –

(SUDDENLY THE SCRAPING APE-SOUNDS AND FLOPPING-FROG SOUNDS ARE BOTH BEHIND THEM)

DALLAS: See, they’re both behind us now.

(THERE’S SIMULTANEOUSLY A PERCUSSIVE/STARTLED APE-LIKE GRUNT AND A LOUD SUDDEN CROAK. THEN ALL CREATURE BACKGROUND NOISES STOP ALL AT ONCE. SILENCE)

BAXTER: (PACE OF RUNNING AND BREATHING SLOWS DOWN) What? Did they stop?

(PAUSE)

BAXTER: (OUT OF BREATH, SLOWS TO A WALKING PACE) Maybe, maybe we can slow down a little.

DALLAS: (SLOWS TO MEET BAXTER’S PACE) I don’t know. I don’t think I like this.

BAXTER & DALLAS: (BOTH STOP, BUT CONTINUE THE HEAVY BREATHING OF THE RECOVERY FROM THEIR RUN)

(A MOMENT OF TOTAL SILENCE EXCEPT FOR CAVE AMBIENCE AND BAXTER AND DALLAS’ BREATHING. THEN SUDDNELY A FRENETIC EXPLOSION OF SOUND. BAM! A HIGH PITCHED SCREECH, A SLASH, A SPLATTER OF BLOOD, A GUTTERAL CRY OF PAIN – PERCUSSIVE PUMMELLING AND BASHING, ROCKS FALLING, CROAKING, SCREACHING, HISSING – GRUNTING, ROARING, YELPING – AND ESCALATING SOUNDS OF CONFLICT – CONTINUED BASHING, SLASHING, BITING, FLOPPING, SCRATCHING, STABBING, PUNCHING, TEARING – A COCAPHONY OF VIOLENCE.)

DALLAS: (STARTS RUNNING AT FULL SPEED) Oh shit! Move!

BAXTER: (RUNNING AT FULL SPEED) God, Damn. It’s a massacre!

DALLAS: Just thank God it’s not us and keep running!

BAXTER & DALLAS: (CONTINUE RUNNING, OCCASIONALLLY TRIPING AND REACTING TO THE HORRIFIC SOUNDS BEHIND THEM, NON-VERBALLY AND WITH THE OCCASIONAL CURSE OR PRAYER - IMPROVISE)

(AS BAXTER AND DALLAS CONTINUE RUNNING, THE SOUND OF THE CREATURES FADES)

(BAXTER AND DALLAS FADE OUT OF SCENE AS WE HEAR ONLY THE ECHOING OF THE FIGHT IN THE FAR BACKGROUND. THEN FADE OUT ON ALL CAVE SOUNDS.)

(FADE IN SOUNDS OF NIGHT OUSIDE OF CAVE ON THE MADDOX ESTATE.)

BAXTER & DALLAS: (RUNNING FROM CAVE ENTRANCE, SLOWING TO WALKING PACE)

BAXTER: Oh, blessed outside! Who’d have guessed I’d be relieved to be heading back to the Maddox household? Wait. Where are you going?

DALLAS: (STOPS) To my car and the hell out of here.

BAXTER: Through the woods?

DALLAS: Yeah. Car’s on the other side.

BAXTER: Oh no. You don’t know what’s out there this time of night or what might come out of the cave and come after you.

DALLAS: Do you want to come with me?

BAXTER: No, you should come with me to the house. It’s closer than the other side of the woods.

DALLAS: But still farther away from my car.

BAXTER: When we get to the garage, I’ll drive you to your car. It’s a lot safer than running through the woods at night.

DALLAS: Uh, okay.

BAXTER: (WALKING BRISKLY) How in the world did you navigate us through that maze? Did we just get lucky?

DALLAS: (WALKING BRISKLY, MATCHING BAXTER’S PACE) On the way in I marked my path whenever I made it to a junction. I drew an arrow in chalk pointing the way I came from. So when we came across an arrow, I just followed it, knowing it would take us the way out.

(START TO FADE OUT DIALOGUE, FOOTSTEPS AND OUTDOOR SOUNDS)
BAXTER: You skulk around in caves often?

DALLAS: Not on private property usually, but I’ve done some minor spelunking. Part of a geology field trip.

(FADE OUT COMPLETE)

(FADE IN OUTDOOR SOUNDS)

DALLAS: (MOVING AT REGULAR WALKING PACE) You’re sure I’m not going to be arrested for trespassing once your family sees me?

BAXTER: (MOVING AT REGULAR WALKING PACE) You have nothing to worry about. I’m the only one up. And just to be safe, we’re going through the back door. Their bedrooms are all the way on the other side of…

(OFF-MIC SOUND OF DOOR OPENING)

BAXTER: (QUICKLY CROUCHING, MOVES AROUND, PANICKED) Oh shit. Get to the bushes. Get down. Down.

(SOUND OF RUSTLING AS BAXTER AND DALLAS HIDE IN BUSHES)

(OFF MIC SOUND OF FOOTSTEPS LEAVING HOUSE, BACK DOOR CLOSING AND FOOTSTEPS THEN FADE OFF INTO THE DISTANCE)

DALLAS: Who was that? The family yachtsman?

BAXTER: I’ve no idea.

DALLAS: But seriously, from the peacoat to the cap to the beard and pipe, it looks like he should be skippering a three-hour-tour or selling fishsticks or something.

BAXTER: Uh, I guess.

DALLAS: Don’t you think that’s weird? Especially at, what, three-in-the-morning?

BAXTER: I’ve greatly adjusted my definition of the word ‘weird’ since I’ve met this family.

(FADE OUT ON OUTDOOR NOISES)

(FADE IN, SOUND OF ECHO-Y MANOR FOYER, FOOTSTEPS COMING DOWN A STAIRWAY, ANOTHER SET PADDING ALONG FOYER)

PERCIVAL: Good evening, father.

BYRON: Ah, Percival, have you seen your mother?

PERCIVAL: Mamá? Is she missing?

BYRON: I awoke to a strange noise. When I asked your mother if she heard it too, I discovered that I was alone.

PERCIVAL: Perhaps she had trouble sleeping and went to the kitchen for some warm milk?

BYRON: Yes…Perhaps. But what of you, Percival? Why are you up so late?
PERCIVAL: I…I had a disturbing dream.

BYRON: Yes, I have felt it as well. There is something strange in the air. Something new. I think we should keep this to ourselves, though, for the time being.

(SOUND OF HIGH-HEELED FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING, AND ICE SHIFTING IN A BUCKET)

STELLA: You two look like you’re up to something.

PERCIVAL: As do you. I’m not used to seeing you before noon, dear sister. To what do we owe the pleasure?

STELLA: Oh, I was just picking up a few essentials.
(STELLA PATS THE ICE BUCKET)

STELLA: The ice machine in my room is on the fritz, again.

PERCIVAL: You do seem to go through those.

BYRON: Stella, you didn’t happen to see you mother while re-provisioning, did you?

STELLA: Mummy? Why, no, Daddy. There’s no one up but us.

(SOUND OF THE BIG MAIN DOOR UNLOCKING AND HINGING OPEN)

BAXTER: …and hopefully everyone is still asleep. You do not want to meet these people!

DALLAS: Oh!

BAXTER: Ahhh-hey guys!

(FADE IN RAIN AND THUNDER)

NARRATOR: Just what disturbing dreams and portents have awakened the Maddox family? How will they react to Dallas’ trespass onto the estate? And have the creatures from the cave actually finished their pursuit?

(MUSIC: EERIE NOISE CREATED BY THEREMIN OR SAW)

NARRATOR: To find the answers to these questions and more, keep listening to the macabre tales of (ECHOING VOICE) The Unspeakable and the Inhuman! (END ECHO)

(MUSIC EERIE SOUND COMES TO A CLIMAX AND ENDS)
(FADE OUT RAIN)

Last edited by Derek; 01-25-2010 at 01:36 PM..

Old 02-14-2010   #2
L.AlanG
Audio Journeyman

L.AlanG is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing this is what it sounds like if Deep Ones and Shuggoths get into a fight. (God, I'm such a geek.)

Old 09-08-2011   #3
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Bill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud of

sooo wish this show was still ongoing...

Planet of the Apes & B-POTA/Saga of the Grog & Gryphon/2109: Black Sun Rising/Battlestar Galactica/Conan: Queen of the Black Coast/Kolchak the Nightstalker/OTR Swag Cast
& Writer for EFNY

and one of the founding members of BrokenSea Audio
http://www.brokensea.com
http://www.archive.org/details/Conan...dFullCastAudio

Old 09-09-2011   #4
Thomas Rippert
German Listener

Thomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the rough

The old episodes aren´t even downloadable anymore...

Old 09-09-2011   #5
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Bill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud of

Email me...

Planet of the Apes & B-POTA/Saga of the Grog & Gryphon/2109: Black Sun Rising/Battlestar Galactica/Conan: Queen of the Black Coast/Kolchak the Nightstalker/OTR Swag Cast
& Writer for EFNY

and one of the founding members of BrokenSea Audio
http://www.brokensea.com
http://www.archive.org/details/Conan...dFullCastAudio