Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Decoder Ring Theatre > Decoder Ring > Black Jack Justice
Black Jack Justice Relive the classic detective with a Decoder Ring Twist.

The Novel
Old 03-06-2012   #1
KitJackson67
Audiofile

KitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really nice
Default The Novel

I'm so excited for the new novel. I'm a big fan of backstory, and this is one of two stories I've always wanted to hear. The other story is why Freddie and Jack are such good friends; especially how they first met. Maybe that can be the next novel? Unless of course, it's explained in this novel.

Old 03-06-2012   #2
davidg
Audiofile

davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

Although the answer to your question about Freddie and Jack is probably going to be along the lines of, "its just one of those things".. Not particularly satisfying, but a reason nonetheless.

Old 03-06-2012   #3
KitJackson67
Audiofile

KitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really nice

Quote:
View Post
Although the answer to your question about Freddie and Jack is probably going to be along the lines of, "its just one of those things".. Not particularly satisfying, but a reason nonetheless.
We know they met before the war. I always imagined that Freddie found Jack in the street after a beating, while it was raining hard. (Jack did originally earn his nick-name as a result of getting hit often). He brought Jack someplace to dry off, warm up, and gave him some information that helped Jack solve the case. I want to know how close or far I am from "the real story."

I also hope we get to see the first encounter between Jack and Sabien in the novel, but that may or may not happen. I just can't wait to read it all.

Old 03-06-2012   #4
Gregg
Audiofile

Gregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant future

Soon... sooooon. Well, soonish.

Old 03-06-2012   #5
KitJackson67
Audiofile

Quote:
View Post
Soon... sooooon. Well, soonish.
You have no idea how happy you've made me. I literally jumped up and down when I first heard the announcement about the novel. My ipod fell out of my pocket, and the headphones detached.

Old 04-16-2012   #6
cetius
Audio Fan

cetius is on a distinguished road

I have received the book and read it in a single sitting. It makes me so very happy! I was especially impressed to see not only the naming of "The Mousetrap" but also its use.

Old 04-21-2012   #7
crazy_nutso
Audio Fan

crazy_nutso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
View Post
I have received the book and read it in a single sitting. It makes me so very happy! I was especially impressed to see not only the naming of "The Mousetrap" but also its use.
Yeah, I hadn't planned to read it straight through after pulling it from the shipping box, but I couldn't stop reading.

Lots of great moments, especially of Jack and Trixie trying to outsmart each other. I am hoping we get another of these, as it was AWESOME.

Old 04-26-2012   #8
KitJackson67
Audiofile

I'm in the middle of a large stressful project. The book has been a wonderful break. After reading it a little bit at a time before bed, I finished the book last night. It was just as awesome as I had hoped it would be. Gregg, I know you're super busy, but please write more Black Jack Justice novels.

Old 05-07-2012   #9
Undrave
Audiofile

Undrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really nice

I devoured this book in like... three days?

I laughed out loud when Jack took a picture of Trixie with her own camera hahaha.

Old 05-07-2012   #10
Lothar Tuppan
Audiofile

Lothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to behold

I've been holding off: in a few days my wife and I will start reading it together to each other... I'll read the Jack chapters and she'll read the Trixie ones.