Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Talk > General
General The general spot to meet and greet.

Old 04-18-2012   #3001
Shonokin
The Pulp Reader

Shonokin is just really niceShonokin is just really niceShonokin is just really niceShonokin is just really nice

Relistening to Operation Luna, the first BBC serial for Journey into Space (1953). Reminds me quite a bit of the movie Journey to the Seventh Planet.

I only just found out that in 1984 there was a sequel to Journey Into Space, written by the same writer, called Space Force.

Old 04-18-2012   #3002
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Bill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud of

Space force is GREAT
love Journey into Space too Shon!
;-)

Planet of the Apes & B-POTA/Saga of the Grog & Gryphon/2109: Black Sun Rising/Battlestar Galactica/Conan: Queen of the Black Coast/Kolchak the Nightstalker/OTR Swag Cast
& Writer for EFNY

and one of the founding members of BrokenSea Audio
http://www.brokensea.com
http://www.archive.org/details/Conan...dFullCastAudio

Old 04-18-2012   #3003
captain basil
Captain Basil

captain basil has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain basil has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain basil has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
View Post
Space force is GREAT
love Journey into Space too Shon!
;-)

I have never heard of either one. I have to check it out. I will be listening to the Lux The Day The Earth Stood Still very soon. (And no, I refused to watch the Keanu Reeves flick). Thanks for sending it, Bill.

I finished:

Inspector Morse: Driven To Distraction. I could not track the source material that was from Radiomacdanger. It sounded like they took the TV soundtrack and added narration, sort of like the Video Description Service. Whatever they did it rocked.

Old 04-18-2012   #3004
Lothar Tuppan
Audiofile

Lothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to behold

Listened to a few more "Gangbusters" - I really like how most of the dramatization of these 'real cases' are from the pov of the criminals instead of being a straight 'Dragnet' style police procedural.

Old 04-18-2012   #3005
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Bill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud of

I have seen this one Lothar-but not tried- off to check!

Planet of the Apes & B-POTA/Saga of the Grog & Gryphon/2109: Black Sun Rising/Battlestar Galactica/Conan: Queen of the Black Coast/Kolchak the Nightstalker/OTR Swag Cast
& Writer for EFNY

Old 04-18-2012   #3006
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Quote:
View Post
I have never heard of either one. I have to check it out. I will be listening to the Lux The Day The Earth Stood Still very soon. (And no, I refused to watch the Keanu Reeves flick). Thanks for sending it, Bill.

I finished:

Inspector Morse: Driven To Distraction. I could not track the source material that was from Radiomacdanger. It sounded like they took the TV soundtrack and added narration, sort of like the Video Description Service. Whatever they did it rocked.
You will like it Cap Basil!
Great Drama!!

I have only tried the middle on <red planet mars> and LOVED IT

hollar in email about Spaec Force
;-)

& Writer for EFNY

Old 04-19-2012   #3007
Lothar Tuppan
Audiofile

Lothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to behold

Just listened to the newest 19 Nocturne "From an Amber Block"!

Old 04-19-2012   #3008
captain basil
Captain Basil

captain basil has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain basil has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain basil has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
View Post
Listened to a few more "Gangbusters" - I really like how most of the dramatization of these 'real cases' are from the pov of the criminals instead of being a straight 'Dragnet' style police procedural.
Gangbusters was a great show and influenced later dramas like TV's The Untouchables. Great stuff.

Listened to

X Minus One: A Gun For Dinosaur This and the earlier Dimension X are just great science fiction anthologies. They really stressed the human element that makes really great science fiction storytelling.

Old 04-19-2012   #3009
MadMikeyD
Audiofile

MadMikeyD is just really niceMadMikeyD is just really niceMadMikeyD is just really niceMadMikeyD is just really niceMadMikeyD is just really nice

Checking out the original - now "alternate universe" - Red Panda series.

Recommendations: Red Panda, Black Jack Justice, Saturday Morning Theatre, Dr. Floyd, Shade's Brigade, Doc Savage, Avengers, Jake Sampson, Lone Ranger, Night Beat, Six Shooter, Dragnet, Johnny Dollar, Box 13, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pawn Quests, Adventures in Odyssey, Space Marshal Dylan McCade, Thrilling Adventure Hour, Action Science Theatre, Earbud Theater

Old 04-20-2012   #3010
storiesbysteve
Audiofile

storiesbysteve will become famous soon enough

Actually, today I listened to a 2011 music release - another remastering of blues man Robert Johnson's recordings. He was from not far from where I used to live. 2011 would have been his 100th birthday. Many rock and roll artists have recording his tunes.

This disc is clearer than the 1990 2 cd release, but you have to be a hard core Johnson fanatic to care about it. But, for those audio nuts among us, you can hear a much wider range of his guitar and voice. You can hear the vibrato and his guitar fingering much better.

Johnson played very dark "Me and the Devil" blues and many people believed he had sold his soul to Satan for his music. but they thought that anyone who played blues or jazz was "lost" anyway. The movie Crossroads with the Ralph Machino (sp) is loosely based on his life.

I wound up living in New Orleans because I got side tracked from researching Johnson's life. It was a hot summer and I was hitchhiking around the Mississippi Delta. I had a couple of good leads on his family members. However, a friend from New Orleans invited me down to share a house in the French Quarter. I was walking miles each day on dusty roads in 100 degree heat. I told myself I would just go long enough to research Robert Johnson's time in New Orleans. Today I could kick myself for not going to interview his family members. They turned out to have photographs and the real story that was not on the liner notes. I could still kick myself for not pursing his story!

The Complete Recordings of Robert Johnson - Centennial Edition, 2011