Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Decoder Ring Theatre > Decoder Ring > The Adventures of the Red Panda
The Adventures of the Red Panda Home to the Red Panda and the Flying Squirrel.

Old 04-02-2012   #11
davidg
Audiofile

davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
View Post
Loved the ep! I also dug the new intro.
As for Doc Rocket, my guess is that we'll find him in occupied France, working with the resistance and drinking tea with lovely Parisians.
"About time you got here Old Man. We left at least a... few... bottles of the Bordeuax for you. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!"
I still hold that he's just too damn annoying to die.
I agree about annoying.. THAT is why I think he would now be a brainwashed Waffen SS.

Old 04-02-2012   #12
ZacksQuest
Skilled Actor

ZacksQuest has a spectacular aura aboutZacksQuest has a spectacular aura about

Doc Rocket - Lasers, annoying, wannabe Red Panda... if this goes into the AU equivalent, we may get to see this universe's equivalent of Black Panda... but this is for speculation... great episode. And I was surprisingly pleased with another appearance from McSweeney.
Hello there. I am here to shamelessly advertise Comic Tree Radio Theatre for your displeasure! We do many Radio versions of good old comic strips, including: Dick Tracy, Steve Canyon, The Phantom, Prince Valiant, and Terry & The Pirates! For some Dick Tracy, yellow wearing, butt kicking goodness, go to this topic to see how it's goin' along: http://www.audiodramatalk.com/showthread.php?t=16163 OR, go here to try out for a role! http://audiodramatalk.com/showthread...7538#post57538

Personal Favorite Audio Dramas: The Red Panda Adventures, Black Jack Justice, We're Alive, Bingo the Birthday Clown, This Thing of Ours, Dragnet, The Shadow, Tarzan

Old 04-03-2012   #13
Undrave
Audiofile

Undrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really nice

This was just... too awesome for words o.o

The new opening is a bit too verbose for my taste, not quite snappy enough.

Old 04-03-2012   #14
Gregg
Audiofile

Gregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant future

*sigh* The two titles.

There is only one title, which is the filename, Murder From the Skies. I was posting in a big hurry and uploaded it as Murder From Above, then hit the prompt to force the website to list the new data.

... And then I corrected it, and the website grabbed the "new" version as well. since I have had no way to log into the website other than for episode updates for... oh, several months now, I can't remove the duplicate, and obviously I'm really super pleased. The rest is a long-ass story that I'd just as soon not get into, but the long and the short is that the situation is becoming untenable...

Old 04-03-2012   #15
davidg
Audiofile

davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

Oh boy! I hear a change of feed coming on! ;-)

Old 04-03-2012   #16
Gregg
Audiofile

Gregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant future

Nope, the feed is from Libsyn, and that's as it always was. This is our page. The duplicate has vanished, I notice.

Old 04-08-2012   #17
KitJackson67
Audiofile

KitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really nice

Awesome episode! If Gus wants to retire, he has a way out. I can't wait until he regains his memory. This is what I thought the season was going to be- the daring adventures of a rag-tag group behind enemy lines. I can't wait for the next episode.

Old 04-20-2012   #18
MadMikeyD
Audiofile

MadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of lightMadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of lightMadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of lightMadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of lightMadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of lightMadMikeyD is a glorious beacon of light

Over the last couple of days I listened to the alternate universe episodes for the first time. Fascinating how the varying takes on this same basic plot really spotlight how different the two universes are. While the Red Panda himself is essentially the same character, the worlds he inhabits definitely are not. This episode is one of my top favorites of the series to date, and it definitely enhanced my enjoyment of its alternate universe counterpart.

Recommendations: Red Panda, Black Jack Justice, Saturday Morning Theatre, Dr. Floyd, Shade's Brigade, Doc Savage, Avengers, Jake Sampson, Lone Ranger, Night Beat, Six Shooter, Dragnet, Johnny Dollar, Box 13, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pawn Quests, Adventures in Odyssey, Space Marshal Dylan McCade, Thrilling Adventure Hour, Action Science Theatre, Earbud Theater

Black tower idea
Old 04-21-2012   #19
davidg
Audiofile

Default Black tower idea

Quote:
View Post
Over the last couple of days I listened to the alternate universe episodes for the first time. Fascinating how the varying takes on this same basic plot really spotlight how different the two universes are. While the Red Panda himself is essentially the same character, the worlds he inhabits definitely are not. This episode is one of my top favorites of the series to date, and it definitely enhanced my enjoyment of its alternate universe counterpart.

Interesting point.. I really thought the "alternate universe" stuff was FAR TOO SILLY.. but you're right, Greg does appear to be keeping certain elements of the original is this... THE BETTER... show.

So, that being as it may, ..
( Click to show/hide )
I just can't WAIT to have Von Schlitz looking like some amorphous blob of blackening plasticene goo! He's a wonderful baddie, MOSTLY because we see SO LITTLE of him.. but a LOT of the results of his machinations.

I've a feeling that the network of the black towers are there to funnel off the metaphysical "juice" from The DESTROYER and whatever other other dimensional baddies get caught in the grip of the NAZI techno-wizards.. I know its too late to hope for it, .. but I'd like to see other.. perhaps British and European 2nd stingers, hero's and wizards alike.. I realize that the mystery of the sacrifice of Tom Tomorrow may be a future plot line.. but might there not also be wizards and witches hidden in the hedgerows and Lodges of Britain throwing out lines of power to protect their Island Britannia as well?!

Even those who couldn't make the cut for the First String, Council of Mages, may have done so out of lack of "managability" rather than lack of ability.. sort of like what Fitzroy found out about the Home Team members..

Old 04-27-2012   #20
dreibel
Audiofile

dreibel will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

I really, really enjoyed this, and how the story flowed naturally from the events of the previous episode.

Not to mention the ultimate ironic fate of Clockwork. Indeed, my Doctor Who loving heart realized that he wound up
( Click to show/hide )
sharing the same fate of Lumic from the show, becoming the RPU equivalent of a Cybercontroller.Though he ultimately didn't wind up destroying his creations with love