Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Talk > News
News News from around the audio drama world, Press releases, events, and more

Call for Scripts
Old 04-26-2012   #1
Michael McAfee
Producer/Actor/Writer

Michael McAfee is on a distinguished road
Default Call for Scripts

Hi, folks:

This is from the PMRP's web site. Feel free to spread the word. Please don't send your scripts to me, but rather to the address below.

--Michael McAfee
Managing Director
Post Meridian Radio Players

CALL FOR SCRIPTS

When the shadows grow long and the winds blow cold, THE POST-MERIDIAN RADIO PLAYERS pry open the creaking gates of The Library to unleash tales of horror and woe upon the peoples of Boston. These chilling tales and dark morality plays are known as Tomes of Terror.

But this time the demented stories may be from your own pen! PMRP is calling for original submissions to grace this Halloween’s production: Tomes of Terror: New Arrivals! If you have a story that will curdle the blood and elicit screams from the review board, then send it in. This is your chance to see your audio drama brought to life!

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Scripts should be complete and radio drama format.
Note that Tomes of Terror uses live Foley performers as well, so remember the sound effects!
Your play should run 22-25 minutes.
We strongly encourage female characters.
There is a maximum of 5 characters on mic at any one time (we have a small stage). Crowd scenes do not count towards this limit.
This is a horror show, but gore and adult content should be kept to a reasonable level. So PG-13 is fine and R is a maybe, but NC-17 is right out.
Horror comedies are allowed.
Adaptations are especially encouraged, as it's in keeping with our Library theme, so long as the original work is in Public Domain or you have permission to adapt it.
Multiple submissions from the same playwright(s) are allowed.

RESOURCES

Sample Scripts: Numerous examples of radio scripts are available at the Generic Radio Workshop

How-To: The BBC's How to Write a Radio Play website is incredibly informative.

Original Recordings: Scores of programs are available for listening on the Internet, particularly in the Old-Time Radio Section of Archive.org.

PMRP Recordings: There are recordings of our 2007 Tomes of Terror show available on our Recordings page.

DEADLINE

Scripts need to be received on or before July 15th. Notifications about acceptance will go out by July 22nd.

SUBMISSIONS

Please send your completed script to Chris DeKalb at cdkboston@earthlink.net. PDF format is preferred although we will accept WordDoc files as well.

Be sure to put your contact information on your script!

THE FINE PRINT

If accepted, PMRP will pay $15 per live performance as well as a one-time $25 recording fee. PMRP retains rights to record and sell recordings of the performance, but all other script rights (including ownership) remain with the author(s). Scripts may be revised as needed for the performance, and PMRP retains all performance rights including director choice, casting and sound design.

Rights payments will be sent on or before October 31, 2012.

PMRP is not required to accept any submissions. In the unfortunate occurrence that no new submissions are accepted, Tomes of Terror: New Arrivals will be performed with pre-existing scripts instead.

Old 04-26-2012   #2
JulieH
1-Woman Butt-Kicking Army

JulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud of

Do you only take brand new stuff? I mean, "tomes" makes me think of my very early episode "Making book," which I would love to see how someone might manage to do live!!!!
......and Fatal Girl
.........and Tone Didactic
............and Bingo the Birthday Clown

Old 04-27-2012   #3
AudioBoyMA
Just zis guy, you know?

AudioBoyMA is on a distinguished road

It's not limited to new scripts, Julie. Feel free to send it along!