Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Talk > General
General The general spot to meet and greet.

Old 04-30-2012   #21
Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard
Gypsy Audio : Chivani

Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the roughGwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the roughGwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the rough

Never fear, should the need arise, I'll yell Thanks Lothar!

Old 04-30-2012   #22
JulieH
1-Woman Butt-Kicking Army

JulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud of

There is also a difference between "adaptation" and "fanfic" - since one is taken a specific work and creating a script from it, and the other is (generally) taking an existing body of work (characters, setting, etc.) and writing essentially new stories using those elements.
......and Fatal Girl
.........and Tone Didactic
............and Bingo the Birthday Clown

Old 04-30-2012   #23
Bill Hollweg
Barbarian in need of Ale

Bill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud ofBill Hollweg has much to be proud of

good call Julie
;-)

Planet of the Apes & B-POTA/Saga of the Grog & Gryphon/2109: Black Sun Rising/Battlestar Galactica/Conan: Queen of the Black Coast/Kolchak the Nightstalker/OTR Swag Cast
& Writer for EFNY

and one of the founding members of BrokenSea Audio
http://www.brokensea.com
http://www.archive.org/details/Conan...dFullCastAudio

Old 04-30-2012   #24
Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard

Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the roughGwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the roughGwendolyn Jensen-Woodard is a jewel in the rough

Agreed. But there is fan audio that is not the same as original audio. When I'm saying "original" I mean, all original. Classics perhaps, should have their own section.

Old 04-30-2012   #25
Lothar Tuppan
Audiofile

Lothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to beholdLothar Tuppan is a splendid one to behold

Just throwing my two-cents in, since adaptation (whether from a movie, AD, short story, stage play, etc.) in both scripting and production is a fairly specific skill - and one that takes a different approach to both Fan and Original works - would it make sense to have it as it's own category? Are there enough true adaptations around to warrant it?

Old 04-30-2012   #26
Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard

Yes, there are enough for it to be it's own category. We have a few at Gypsy alone, and I know Julie has some. But it's where you make the distinction between adaptation and fan.

Old 04-30-2012   #27
JulieH
1-Woman Butt-Kicking Army

JulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud of

The difference would be is it recounting the actual story presented in the original work, or recounting a new story using the characters.
......and Fatal Girl
.........and Tone Didactic
............and Bingo the Birthday Clown

Old 05-03-2012   #28
Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard

While I'm thinking about it, besides separating Fan/Original, what categories would you guys like to see?

Old 05-08-2012   #29
Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard

We are looking at the way teh SAG awards are handled right now, and working on making a template based off of this.

Old 05-08-2012   #30
lostnbronx
I like grape soda

lostnbronx is on a distinguished road

I might suggest not making a distinction between the genders on the Actor/Actress front -- that seems a little dated to me, and only of use for beefing up awards ceremonies in order to make them long enough for television. I mean, a good performance is a good performance, no?

I also think that genre categories would be of use, including an "Other" category of some type, to act as a catch-all for things that are really good, but which can't be easily pigeon-holed. Remember, many projects these days are true genre-benders, and there ought to be an easy mechanic in place to recognize them.

Stardrifter Book 02: Street Candles
Revolution, space battles, and secret that will shape the course of nations.

Cavalcade Audio Productions