Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Decoder Ring Theatre > Decoder Ring > The Adventures of the Red Panda
The Adventures of the Red Panda Home to the Red Panda and the Flying Squirrel.

Old 05-03-2012   #11
davidg
Audiofile

davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that Leftenant Fenwick might not want to remember the Red Panda?

It's a name out of a comic books that meant nothing to him a month ago, and means losing precious bits of his identity to another person in his head. For every Panda skill he gets, Brain-Kit gives Panda something in return.

When he finds out there's still a Red Panda in Toronto, I could see him happily settling down somewhere in France with a pretty Resistance fighting Mademoiselle, and sending Parker's Rangers home.

#Ducks to avoid the reaction#

Interesting point! Yes, except that Fenwick just doesn't seem to be losing anything as he hadn't much of anything to start out with, did he? Although it MUST be just plain strange having bits and pieces come together JUST when you need them.. I'm waiting for a situation where it will be skills and abilities of August Fenwick that saves the day, .. rather than the Red Panda... How about using some memories he has from school, .. or from his parents, .. I'm sure there was SOME value there..

Auggie shacking up in the South of France would be ONE way to end the series... with a bullet in the head from Kit when she found out!

Old 05-03-2012   #12
Lothar Tuppan
Audiofile

Lothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud ofLothar Tuppan has much to be proud of

Quote:
View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that Leftenant Fenwick might not want to remember the Red Panda?

It's a name out of a comic books that meant nothing to him a month ago, and means losing precious bits of his identity to another person in his head. For every Panda skill he gets, Brain-Kit gives Panda something in return.

When he finds out there's still a Red Panda in Toronto, I could see him happily settling down somewhere in France with a pretty Resistance fighting Mademoiselle, and sending Parker's Rangers home.

#Ducks to avoid the reaction#
LOL

I dunno... the vibe I've gotten from the entire series, including RP's self-loathing (or Fenwick loathing if you will) isn't rooted in a true difference between his aspects. While he wears a certain 'mask' when in society, it was still August Fenwick that made the choices and performed the actions that turned him into the Red Panda. The perceived dichotomy between the two was born of necessity and Gus' guilt (familial and personal).

My guess is that one of the main points of this arc is to show that dichotomy as false (to Gus more than anyone else), and therefore anything other than a synthesis of the two is about as likely as Gus shooting all of Parker's Rangers and joining the SS.

Old 05-04-2012   #13
davidg
Audiofile

davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
View Post
My guess is that one of the main points of this arc is to show that dichotomy as false (to Gus more than anyone else), and therefore anything other than a synthesis of the two is about as likely as Gus shooting all of Parker's Rangers and joining the SS.
I'm sure he'd look good in black! but it might be interesting if he ever had to face down a NAZI Fenwick version of himself.. Industrialists from old families were favorites to join the SS, .. some sort of Bearded Spock from another reality who ... perhaps set aside the Red Panda when he realized that Society had to be smashed from within to gain the TRUE, and PROPER, NEW ORDER!

Old 05-12-2012   #14
KitJackson67
Audiofile

KitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really nice

Quote:
I'm loving how this plotline is, among other things, providing a way for August Fenwick to 'redeem' himself, not only in the eyes of the world when he returns a 'war hero', but also in his own eyes.

I think we've got a nice little arc about personal healing and redemption here and Gregg's handling it very nicely.[/SPOILER]
I hadn't thought of that, but it's so true. If he choses to retire from being the Red Panda, he can do so with peace of mind.

Also, I loved this episode. Parker's Rangers is like the A-Team or a whole team of Dirty Harrys. They specialize in the impossible/suicidal. I was looking forward to exciting adventures behind enemy lines, and Gregg delivered.

Old 05-13-2012   #15
WorldsAway
Agent Ninety-Three-One

WorldsAway is just really niceWorldsAway is just really niceWorldsAway is just really niceWorldsAway is just really niceWorldsAway is just really nice

I'm still waiting for someone with the codename "Baguette" to show up...

Yes, I am doing NaNoWriMo this year! Click the progress bar to find out more!

Old 05-13-2012   #16
Gregg
Audiofile

Gregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant future

I gave you a French Resistance fighter with a name that starts with "B".... that's as close as you're gonna get in the not-stupidverse

Old 05-13-2012   #17
ZacksQuest
Skilled Actor

ZacksQuest has a spectacular aura aboutZacksQuest has a spectacular aura about

...can an evil, bearded version of Fenwick show up in the not-stupidverse? Schlitz could be experimenting with cloning supervillains with a plot to destroy and kill. I would like to see Fenwick turn back into the Red Panda just so Schlitz could come up, say "AHA! Now I have you!" Then clones Fenwick and it will be the Red Panda vs. the Crimson Raccoon... or Elk... Bear... Beaver?
Hello there. I am here to shamelessly advertise Comic Tree Radio Theatre for your displeasure! We do many Radio versions of good old comic strips, including: Dick Tracy, Steve Canyon, The Phantom, Prince Valiant, and Terry & The Pirates! For some Dick Tracy, yellow wearing, butt kicking goodness, go to this topic to see how it's goin' along: http://www.audiodramatalk.com/showthread.php?t=16163 OR, go here to try out for a role! http://audiodramatalk.com/showthread...7538#post57538

Personal Favorite Audio Dramas: The Red Panda Adventures, Black Jack Justice, We're Alive, Bingo the Birthday Clown, This Thing of Ours, Dragnet, The Shadow, Tarzan

Old 05-13-2012   #18
davidg
Audiofile

Quote:
View Post
...can an evil, bearded version of Fenwick show up in the not-stupidverse? Schlitz could be experimenting with cloning supervillains with a plot to destroy and kill. I would like to see Fenwick turn back into the Red Panda just so Schlitz could come up, say "AHA! Now I have you!" Then clones Fenwick and it will be the Red Panda vs. the Crimson Raccoon... or Elk... Bear... Beaver?
... interesting ... EXCEPT that ALL of TRP abilities are due to training and skill, NOT mutant ability or magic rings, .. or such .. so they wouldn't really clone.. were you to do such a thing you MIGHT do it to take his place ... BUT there was a line in a long ago Panda Ep where the Flying Squirrel made a crack about being substituted by a robot double.. so .. as Greg doesn't really HAVE throw away lines.. I'll look forward to the android flying squirrel!

Old 05-13-2012   #19
ZacksQuest
Skilled Actor

ZacksQuest has a spectacular aura aboutZacksQuest has a spectacular aura about

True, true, but the clone Red Panda could not be hypnotized, having the same brain frequency thingamajibber that Gregg could invent just so the clone would be hypnosis proof. Then he could've been artificially trained in all forms of martial arts and amazing feats of daring proportion- without the gadgetry. Think Remo Williams from the destroyer series except with a red fedora and spooky blank eyeballs. And then John Doe could come in (except reprogrammed by VON SCHLITZ), then the Red Squirrel could also come in on Fenwick's side, and you'd end up having four people with similar attributes having a 2 on 2 fight in the middle of occupied France in the winter. And then Schlitz would congratulate himself on being truly an evil madman... right before he gets pummeled by all four Red Pandas... but that would get confusing, and would probably fall into the Stupidverse as opposed to the Not-Stupidverse, but you never know...

But yes, Android Flying Squirrel would work too.
Hello there. I am here to shamelessly advertise Comic Tree Radio Theatre for your displeasure! We do many Radio versions of good old comic strips, including: Dick Tracy, Steve Canyon, The Phantom, Prince Valiant, and Terry & The Pirates! For some Dick Tracy, yellow wearing, butt kicking goodness, go to this topic to see how it's goin' along: http://www.audiodramatalk.com/showthread.php?t=16163 OR, go here to try out for a role! http://audiodramatalk.com/showthread...7538#post57538

Personal Favorite Audio Dramas: The Red Panda Adventures, Black Jack Justice, We're Alive, Bingo the Birthday Clown, This Thing of Ours, Dragnet, The Shadow, Tarzan

Last edited by ZacksQuest; 05-13-2012 at 07:15 PM..

Old 05-13-2012   #20
Undrave
Audiofile

Undrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really niceUndrave is just really nice

Quote:
View Post
I gave you a French Resistance fighter with a name that starts with "B".... that's as close as you're gonna get in the not-stupidverse
It could have been a stupid radio call sign

"Black Bear to Baguette, do you copy Baguette?"
"I told you not to use that demeaning call sign you buffon!"

That sort of thing yes?