Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Decoder Ring Theatre > Decoder Ring > The Adventures of the Red Panda
The Adventures of the Red Panda Home to the Red Panda and the Flying Squirrel.

Old 05-03-2012   #1
davidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura aboutdavidg has a spectacular aura about

View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that Leftenant Fenwick might not want to remember the Red Panda?

It's a name out of a comic books that meant nothing to him a month ago, and means losing precious bits of his identity to another person in his head. For every Panda skill he gets, Brain-Kit gives Panda something in return.

When he finds out there's still a Red Panda in Toronto, I could see him happily settling down somewhere in France with a pretty Resistance fighting Mademoiselle, and sending Parker's Rangers home.

#Ducks to avoid the reaction#

Interesting point! Yes, except that Fenwick just doesn't seem to be losing anything as he hadn't much of anything to start out with, did he? Although it MUST be just plain strange having bits and pieces come together JUST when you need them.. I'm waiting for a situation where it will be skills and abilities of August Fenwick that saves the day, .. rather than the Red Panda... How about using some memories he has from school, .. or from his parents, .. I'm sure there was SOME value there..

Auggie shacking up in the South of France would be ONE way to end the series... with a bullet in the head from Kit when she found out!
"Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of illusion." - Deciphered text from the CIA's Kryptos by James Sanborn.

Old 05-13-2012   #2
KitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really niceKitJackson67 is just really nice

I'm loving how this plotline is, among other things, providing a way for August Fenwick to 'redeem' himself, not only in the eyes of the world when he returns a 'war hero', but also in his own eyes.

I think we've got a nice little arc about personal healing and redemption here and Gregg's handling it very nicely.[/SPOILER]
I hadn't thought of that, but it's so true. If he choses to retire from being the Red Panda, he can do so with peace of mind.

Also, I loved this episode. Parker's Rangers is like the A-Team or a whole team of Dirty Harrys. They specialize in the impossible/suicidal. I was looking forward to exciting adventures behind enemy lines, and Gregg delivered.

adventures, panda, red, thunder, valley